No two sessions are alike, and each session is guided by the individual needs of the client and what they wish to accomplish.
A typical, 60-minute session could look like this:
At the beginning of the session we talk about the goals you want to achieve in the coming week and address challenges or concerns you may have faced since our last meeting.
Then, we may practice a few minutes of meditation or mindfulness to center ourselves and begin the process of getting in touch with your unconscious, creative side.
You then let your creativity loose and, through guided art exercises, see what your subconscious mind has to tell you. Art exercises such as painting, drawing, and collage will enable you to explore important themes and gain a better understanding of self.
We will talk about what this guided art exercise showed you and will then, together, create a simple action plan for the next week.
Some of the things you may want to discuss and explore in an art and creativity life coaching session:
- Simple ways to naturally reduce stress and anxiety.
- Why I self-sabotage and how I can overcome this type of subconscious response.
- I’m stuck in my art practice. I don’t feel creative and need help moving forward.
- How I can flip the script on fear.
- How my current beliefs and behaviors that are not working for me actually interfere with other parts of my life and how I can change that.
- How I can use creativity to introduce structure and accountability into my daily life.